as performed by...
- Ensemble Intercontemporain (Centre Georges Pompidou, Paris)
- The New Juilliard Ensemble (Museum of Modern Art, New York)
- The American Brass Quintet (John F. Kennedy Center, Washington, DC)
- The Harvard Wind Ensemble (Sanders Theater, Cambridge)
- The Yale University Band (Woolsey Hall, New Haven)
- The Eastman Percussion Ensemble (Eastman Theatre, Rochester)
- ...et alia
Composer David Jason Snow is the recipient of awards from the National Endowment for the Arts, the Maryland State Arts Council, the ASCAP Foundation, BMI, Musician magazine and Keyboard magazine, and has been an artist resident at Yaddo and the Millay Colony for the Arts. He holds degrees in music composition from the Eastman School of Music and Yale University, where his principle teachers were Joseph Schwantner, Warren Benson, Samuel Adler and Jacob Druckman.
Recent and upcoming concerts and events
- January 20, 2015: Grande Liturgie Situationniste will be performed during the opening concert of the Community Festival of Sound Arts “DI_STANZE 2014” organized by CIMA (Centro Interdisciplinare Musica d'Arte) at the Ennio Morricone Auditorium of Tor Vergata University, Rome.
- December 5, 2014: Espacios Sonoros 2014 presented Study for imaginary harp, no. 1 for 16-channel sound system at the Auditorio 400 del Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía in Madrid, Spain.
- October 17, 2014: The Milan-born, London-based artist, writer, and researcher xname (aka Eleonora Oreggia) is curator of the online audio album Nebulullaby, available for free download from Bandcamp. The 11-track album of “experimental noise industrial electronic techno and procedural lullabies” includes David Jason Snow's composition Yo GABA GABA!
- September 3, 2014: Penny Thompson Kruse performed A Night in Jakarta for electric violin and recorded sound at Bryan Recital Hall at Bowling Green State University.
- August 31st, 2014: Kammer-Soloisten Zug performed A Baker's Tale in its original version for violin, clarinet, trumpet, bassoon, and piano at the Saal der Musikschule, Haus «MUSICA» in Unterägeri, Switzerland. The program was repeated on September 7th at the Pfarreiheim Gut Hirt, Zug.
- August 14th, 2014: A video of Fred DeChristofaro's brilliant performance of Fun Zaydeleh's Lied Buch from the May 30th 76@60 concert in New York is available for viewing here.
- July 15th, 2014: Duo Scordatura selected Broadway Boogie Woogie for performance during their 2014-15 concert season.
- July 13th, 2014: Composer's Voice presented MaD Circle,a concert of tango-inspired compositions and dances. including Going through the motions by Paul Stregevsky and David Jason Snow, at Jan Hus Church, 351 East 74th Street, New York.
- June 14th, 2014: Das Lied von der Magnetosphäre was one of ten electroacoustic compositions chosen by MAARBLE, the pan-European space research project, as winners of its Sounds of Space musical composition contest.
- May 30, 2014: '76 @ 60, a concert featuring the music of Eastman School of Music-educated composers Eric Ewazen, David Heinick, Pamela Marshall, David Shuler, and David Jason Snow, in celebration of their 60th birthdays, took place at The Church of St. Luke in the Fields, New York.
- May 24-31, 2014: The American Brass Quintet performed Dance Movements at concerts in Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, and Perth, Australia as part of the Musica Viva 2014 concert season.
- May 16, 2014: Vox Novus and Harvestworks hosted a concert of 60 one-minute duration, 5-channel surround-sound electroacoustic works, including David Jason Snow's Steampunk enema.
- May 11, 2014: Composer's Voice presented Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame: Viola Yip performing the time-compressed live vocal version of Petite Liturgie Situationniste: a catechism for the Groucho Marxist at Jan Hus Church, 351 East 74th Street, New York.
- March 27, 2014: The inaugural concert of the Circuit Bridges electroacoustic music series, featuring the composition Grande liturgie situationniste by David Jason Snow, took place at Gallery MC27 in New York.
- February 14, 2014: In conjunction with new music group Qubit's Machine Music festival, The velvet gentleman: ballet indigeste for 4 Disklaviers was premiered in a workshop setting at the Flamboyán Theater at Clemente Soto Vélez, 107 Suffolk Street, New York.
- January 30, 2014: Pianist Alvin Zhu performed A Baker's Tale for violin, trumpet and piano at his Master Graduation Recital in Paul Hall at the Juilliard School with violinist Diomedes Saraza and trumpeter Kevin Quill.
Scores and parts for the compositions Winter and A Baker's Tale for trumpet and piano are available for sale directly from the composer for $20.00 (U.S.) each, plus $5.00 shipping (continental U.S. only). Please specify Bb or C trumpet part; if you want both parts, add $4.00. Pay with personal check or via PayPal (please add a $2.00 PayPal service charge). Contact us to place an order or inquire about international shipping rates.
Copyright © 2014 David Jason Snow
Updated December 12, 2014