as performed by...
- Ensemble InterContemporain (Centre Georges Pompidou, Paris)
- The New Juilliard Ensemble (Museum of Modern Art, New York)
- The American Brass Quintet (John F. Kennedy Center, Washington, DC)
- The Harvard Wind Ensemble (Sanders Theater, Cambridge)
- The Yale University Band (Woolsey Hall, New Haven)
- The Eastman Percussion Ensemble (Eastman Theatre, Rochester)
- ...et alia
Composer David Jason Snow is the recipient of awards from the National Endowment for the Arts, the Maryland State Arts Council, the ASCAP Foundation, BMI, Musician magazine and Keyboard magazine, and has been an artist resident at Yaddo and the Millay Colony for the Arts. He holds degrees in music composition from the Eastman School of Music and Yale University, where his principle teachers were Joseph Schwantner, Warren Benson, Samuel Adler and Jacob Druckman.
Recent and upcoming concerts and events
- May 30, 2014: '76 @ 60, a concert featuring the music of Eastman School of Music-educated composers Eric Ewazen, David Heinick, Pamela Marshall, David Shuler, and David Snow, in celebration of their 60th birthdays, will take place at The Church of St. Luke in the Fields, New York.
- May 24-31, 2014: The American Brass Quintet will perform Dance Movements at concerts in Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, and Perth, Australia as part of the Musica Viva 2014 concert season.
- May 16, 2014: Vox Novus and Harvestworks will host a concert of 60 one-minute duration, 5-channel surround-sound electroacoustic works, including David Jason Snow's Steampunk enema.
- February 14, 2014: In conjunction with new music group Qubit's Machine Music festival, The velvet gentleman: ballet indigeste for 4 Disklaviers was premiered in a workshop setting at the Flamboyán Theater at Clemente Soto Vélez, 107 Suffolk Street, New York.
- January 30, 2014: Pianist Alvin Zhu performed A Baker's Tale for violin, trumpet and piano at his Master Graduation Recital in Paul Hall at the Juilliard School with violinist Diomedes Saraza and trumpeter Kevin Quill.
- December 8, 2013: Composer's Voice celebrated Robert Voisey's 44th birthday with Fifteen-Minutes-of-Fame: Hard Eight-Graphic Scores, including David Jason Snow's brood II, at Jan Hus Church, 351 East 74th Street, New York.
- November 28, 2013: The Treachery of Images: Music Inspired by Surrealist Art featuring David Jason Snow's Die Alte Frau was performed by the Hong Kong New Music Ensemble at the Southsite Salon, Hong Kong.
- November 15, 2013: Lewis University (Romeoville, Illinois) presented Big Apple Bytes, an hour-long video presentation of New York travel destinations and landmarks, with the 60x60 (2012) New York Minutes Mix as audio accompaniment, including David Jason Snow's Ain't nobody here but us chickens.
- November 6, 2013: The Iowa Brass Quintet, resident faculty brass ensemble at the University of Iowa School of Music, performed Dance Movements in Riverside Recital Hall on the UI campus.
- October 4-5, 2013: The STUDIO 300 Digital Art and Music Festival at Transylvania University in Lexington, Kentucky, presented Notes from underground, an audio installation, in the Mitchell Fine Arts Center.
- September 26, 2013: The music department of Lewis University celebrated the 100th anniversary of Igor Stravinsky's ballet Vesna Sviashchennaia with musicBYTES, a concert of video and electroacoustic music inspired by that monumental work (more commonly known as The Rite of Spring), including David Jason Snow's monument to bad taste, Sacre Bleu.
- September 15, 2013: Romanian violinist Daniel Mihai performed
Total Harmonic Distortion for violin and recorded sound in concert at Mihail Jora Hall at the Romanian Radio Broadcasting Company in Bucharest.
Scores and parts for the compositions Winter and A Baker's Tale for trumpet and piano are available for sale directly from the composer for $20.00 (U.S.) each, plus $5.00 shipping (continental U.S. only). Please specify Bb or C trumpet part; if you want both parts, add $4.00. Pay with personal check or via PayPal (please add a $2.00 PayPal service charge). Contact us to place an order or inquire about international shipping rates.
Copyright © 2014 David Jason Snow
Updated March 5, 2014